About the Chamber
Important Details You Need to Know About Your
Streator Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry...
The Streator Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry was organized and incorporated for the purpose of serving the needs and concerns of the business community of Streator, Illinois. Elements of meeting the needs of the business community include but are not limited to:
- Preserving their competitive enterprise system
- Appreciating their importance
- Addressing their problems
- Representing them on city, county, state, national and political affairs
- Promoting their business and the community growth
- Offering programs to educate them
Board of Directors
A 15-member, volunteer, cross-section of various business representatives and civic leaders who fulfill a 3-year term. The Board is appointed to serve the community, set policy and determine the Goals and Objectives of the organization.
A 15-20 member cross-section of business representatives who volunteer and focus on serving as the public relations arm of the organization. They also assist with the new member mentoring, and organize and attend educational and social events for the Chamber.