"To provide value to our members through advocacy, leadership and service by enhancing the economic climate of our business community."
As the City of Streator's premiere organization, task to attract new employers and assist local companies, the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry takes great pride in utilizing our long-standing, close relationships with local government and business to promote economic growth and support.
To learn more about the many programs and benefits the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry offers to the community, please read the highlights below and visit the "Programs" page. (link)
What does the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry do?
Promotes Streator in the many positive attributes of our community and facilitates improvements to make it a better community.
Developed and maintains this key web site for business development in Streator, IL.
Works alongside the city, as well as county, state and federal officials, to promote Streator and to represent the needs of individual member businesses.
- Promotes workforce preparation to prepare our youth for employment in Streator.
- Supports positive Streator volunteer groups who sponsor community activities, events, and celebrations, which improve the quality of life in our community.
- Supports and communicates with legislators about the critical infrastructure improvements necessary to further economic development in Streator.
- Offers resources that support Streator business, including Drug-Testing Grants, informational seminars, and HR compliance. In partnership with the City of Streator, the Streator Area Chamber Of Commerce & Industry also offers fiscal & tax support and incentives for business expansion.
- Maintains data, information, and statistics on Streator, and serves as a resource for members seeking business and economic related information.
- Promotes member businesses through marketing and networking opportunities.
For information on joining the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry, please visit the Contact Us page. (Link)